Castor oil has been a remedy since ancient Egyptian times and used for a wide variety of health complaints.
Recently, we used this to massage on our clients bodies and recommended they apply it once a week to help the skin retain its natural healing properties, as well as stimulate the body’s muscles and internal organs. Other benefits:
- Has a laxative effect.(1 Tablespoon with a hot glass of water is recommended.)
- Has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties.
- Destroys mucous to relieve runny noses & congestion.
- Can help with colon cleansing.
- Can help to induce labour in pregnant women.
See reviews here: https://amzn.to/3iYsR87
Some cautions about using castor oil:
- It can be very powerful, particularly the laxative effect.
- Castor oil can induce labour so be especially careful if you are pregnant. Work with a natural health practitioner if you are trying to induce labour.
- Use good quality castor oil. Oils undergo a lot of processing so you want to ensure you use an oil that still maintains its nutrients if you want to reap the remedy benefits.
We hope you enjoy the many benefits of Jamaican Castor Oil.
Teresa Martinez, Health Practitioner & Wellness Coach